Event blocks that contain other device names mark devices that share the same room.
Note: billing is based on the log book, not the calendar.
If you have any questions, please contact Teppie at: [email@example.com].
To double check your billable session please log out of the calendar, and then back in to see the time recorded.
- Reservations may only be made by registered Customers and Staff of the Imaging Technology Group in the Beckman Institute.
- In all cases, reservations can only be made "in the future".
- The smallest time period for an event in 15 minutes.
- Reservations may span across day, month and year boundaries.
- Reservations may not overlap.
- Other restrictions may apply to reservations. At this moment there are COVID restrictions that advise against multiple people being in close proximity. An attempt is being made to recognize reservable devices that exist in the same room and restrict reservations to one person at a time in the room.
The Month View is a "month block" similar to other tools like Google Calendar, Outlook's calendar, etc. Clicking a day box will change the display to a Day View. See "Creating Reservations: Day View" for instructions on Day View event creation.
Creating events from the Month view is for "long" time span events. Events that may last for more than one day.
To create a multi-day event: "Left Click and Hold" on the desired starting day and drag the mouse to the desired ending day. This should bring up an Event Creation popup.
It is important to note that day/time ranges selected in this way will include ALL times in the selected days. This may cause some confusion if the first selected day block is for "Today". In most cases the start time of the selected event will be Before Now (the current wall clock time). Please adjust the starting time in the event creation popup to reflect the current, or some future, time.
The Week View is a horizontal, 7-day group of "Day Views". Creating an event can be as simple as a single Left-Click on a time grid box. This will bring up an Event Creation popup. The event start/stop day and time values may be changed as necessary, as long as the start time is not in the past.
Creating longer time ranges and multi-day events is possible as in the Month View with the addition of being able to have more precise begin/end time selections. "Left Click and Hold" on the desired starting day/time and drag the mouse to the desired ending day/time. This should bring up an Event Creation popup.
The Day View is a vertical grid of time selection blocks. Creating an event can be as simple as a single Left-Click on a time grid box. This will bring up an Event Creation popup. The event start/stop day and time values may be changed as necessary, as long as the start time is not in the past.
Creating longer time ranges is possible as in the Week View with the exception of not being able to drag a selection into additional days. "Left Click and Hold" on the desired starting time and drag the mouse to the desired ending time. This should bring up an Event Creation popup.
Even though a new event in a Day View can not be "dragged" into additional days the ending day/time in Event Creation popup can be modified to include future days,
- Editing reservations is available to registered Customers and ITG Staff who have logged in to the reservation system.
- Reservations may only be edited if they are "active" (happening right now) or are still in the future.
- Reservations may only be edited by the reservation creator/owner or ITG Staff.
- Edits include modifying the start/end dates and canceling/ending the event.
- When viewing reservations, logged in Customers will only see identifying information (netids) on the events they have created. ITG Staff will see complete information on all events.
The edit operations are available on the Reservation popup. Clicking an existing reservation will show a "detail view" popup. If the person viewing the event detail is logged in to the Reservation System the and if the clicked event belongs to the Customer than the start/end dates and the event type fields can be modified. Other controls will exist as buttons at the bottom of the popup panel.